Sunday, February 18, 2018

Meat Smokin' Time, again.

Trying some beef back ribs this time.
Used a light plain mustard rub to get dry rub seasonings to stick to the meat. And just used a generic grocery store rub mix. (Not that sophisticated here yet with smoking recipes).
Rib rack went in bone side down. Barely fit in this smallish smoker.
Trying to keep the temperature around 220 -230.
Not that difficult with a propane fueled smoker. But still hafta pay attention to it. I used Mesquite woodchips this time for smoke.
The wireless temp and timer monitor really helps to keep an eye on it.
At the 3 hour mark, I pulled the ribs out, added some soy sauce and other ingredients to drizzle over the bone side up, wrapped it in foil, and back into the smoker for another 2 hours. Bone side up. (Forgot to take pics).

Done....5 hours total.
Pretty damn tasty.....But I prefer pork ribs myself. More meat, and better flavor.

Adios.

4 comments:

  1. Now I'm hungry! I know you must of really enjoyed those beef back ribs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Ms B, they were mighty tasty. But the pork ribs just have more meat on them. Thanks for stopping by.!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn it! Bigfoot. You should open a barbecue joint!. Damn son, it's looking real good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking ribs. I like using a dry rub that I get from Central BBQ in Memphis with apple wood. If I go with mesquite all I use is salt and pepper, lots of pepper.

    ReplyDelete