Monday, February 20, 2017

My Vehicle History ..46 yrs of car buying and selling

I have been a sucker and wasted money on cars since I was 16 yrs old. My first car was a 1951 Ford pickup that I bought with my own $$ for $165 in 1970. I drove that old flathead V8 for 3 years.

 This isn't mine but very similar, color and all.


Over the years since I have owned a crap load of vehicles and lost money on nearly every one of them. I started keeping a list a few years ago, and I don't know how to load an Excel file onto blogger so I just snapped pics and that's what you get. Hope they are readable.

Some guys are into golf, some hunting and fishing. Me? I blow my money on cars that I can't even work on. Not a mechanic here. never was.
I was a Caddy Freak for a long time, but prefer Lincoln Town Cars now. Caddies have become a rich guys sports car, hot rod in the last 25 years. What happened to those huge, smooth, classic, elegant road-hawgs of yesteryear? (see example of '66 Sedan DeVille below - not mine)





Here are a few old pics of my Cads from years past. From about 1981 to 1985.
Here is a plain jane, 6 cyl, 3 in the tree, Chevy half ton I had for a few years.
I'm down to 10 vehicles now. Only 4 of them tagged and insured to drive for now.

This is the one I really want to get back on the road. 1948 Packard. 327 Straight Eight with Overdrive.

Like Freddy Fender sings....."Wasted Days and Wasted Nights.."

4 comments:

  1. old pickups and caddies with fins! You sure we ain't related bro?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Highly likely, since I do love me some bourbon for optimal mood enhancement. Knob Creek is the only way to fly.
    Thanks for stopping by MRat.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn! I think you have me beat and I've owned a BUNCH of old cars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the old caddies too! but what i'd really love to have is an old jaguar!

    ReplyDelete